Welcome to Inch School holiday home, Downpatrick, County Down
Inch School is a luxury B&B, licensed by the Tourist Board of NI, available for entire self-catering letting, with 8 bedrooms that can sleep 22 people.
Fully fitted to hotel standard it is perfect for large families, weddings, group events, and parties.
Close to Game of Thrones locations at Inch Abbey (the Red Horn) and Castle Ward (Winterfell) it is a 40 minute drive from Belfast, between Crossgar and Downpatrick, County Down.
Inch School is a listed Georgian building (1832), featuring high ceilings and large windows, with antique furniture. Fully modernised, it has 7/8 bedrooms which can sleep up to 20 guests. It has a magnificent reception room and large banquet style dining room.
Upstairs is a large family bathroom with a large freestanding antique style bath tub, with shower. Downstairs has a large power shower, in addition to a third en suite bathroom downstairs.
The large main room contains an impressive marble working fireplace, massive over mantle mirror, wooden floors and bespoke oversized Dutch style sofa, and large flat screen TV. It can serve as either a master bedroom, with a super-sized antique four-poster bed, or as a reception room, with room enough for a large reception or dancing area, as it can be equipped with a sound system.
All of the rooms are fully fitted to hotel standard, many having a wash basin or en suite bathroom, with smoke alarms and amenities such as hairdryers, irons, kettles and each comes with a luxury bathrobe and slippers. A collection of toiletries such as shampoo, condition, lotion and shower gel are also complimentary. There are two washer/dryers available in the linen room, which also contains a large utility sink.
The house features many outdoor amenities, such as large parking area, enclosed playground, enclosed animal run, fish pond, and impressive entranceway. Surrounded by green fields and backing on to a steep wooded hill, the setting is spectacular.
* 8 Bedrooms: (1 Ensuite Double; 2 Super King 4 poster beds; 1 King Size 4 poster bed; 1 king size sleigh bed; 2 Double crushed velvet sleigh beds; 1 Twin (with 2 singles).
* 3 Bathrooms/Toilets: (1 Ensuite, 1 Antique Bath, 1 Power Shower)
* Reception room with 2 sofas
* 1 Living room (TV), one with large with working a fireplace.
* Large Dining Room with antique Edwardian extendable banquet style dining table, antique Edwardian dining chairs, which can seat up to 14 people, and a large antique sideboard.
* Sun room / patio with l shaped sofa
* Large Modern Kitchen, with large 6 ring gas cooker and 3 electric ovens, and large central island. Dish washer.
* Enclosed outdoor playground, with swings
* Free parking for 10 or more cars,
* Lockable two car garage.
* Laundry room
Inch school is a listed building and was built by landowner captain Percival Maxwell in 1832 to educate the local primary school children so they did not have to walk the 2.5 miles to Downpatrick. It was converted into a B&B in 2011 and completely modernised, while retaining its essential original features, including high ceilings, and large windows. The main living room features a large granite fireplace, with working enclosed fire, and a giant sized antique overmantle mirror, as well as bespoke and antique furnishings.
With 8 bedrooms the house can sleep 20 people comfortably. It has 3 bathrooms, large living room, banquet style dining room, reception room, laundry room, and kitchen with enclosed patio.